Age: 4-7 years
Jolly Phonics is a programme for Kindergarten/pre-primary year, which introduces a sound a day, using a multisensory approach. Each letter is introduced with a character story and sound, and fun songs will help children to remember the sounds, and children are taught to blend and segment.
With a range of material to teach the 5 skills for reading and writing, the pack also includes 18 decodable reading books so children can apply their reading skills.
- Jolly Phonics meets the UK Department of Education criteria for an effective systematic synthetic phonics teaching programme.
- The resources will save you time when planning: letter sound strips, cards, alternative spelling and alphabet posters, tricky word wall flowers, wall freeze are all available in this starter kit.
- Respond speedily with the correct sound to grapheme for all 40+ phonemes, including, where applicable, alternative sounds for graphemes.
- Read accurately by blending sounds in unfamiliar words containing GPC's that have been taught.
- Teacher Handbook
- Jolly Phonics: DVD
- Wall Frieze
- Letter Sound Strips
- Finger Phonics Big Books 1-7
- Word Book
- Alternative Spelling and Alphabet Posters
- Tricky Word Wall Flowers
- Jolly Songs
- Jolly Readers Level 1 and 2 Complete Sets of 18 books.