Reading Mastery Signature Edition uses the highly explicit, systematic approach of Direct Instruction (DI) to accelerate reading and help students achieve a high rate of success. Three strands address Reading, Language Arts, and Literature through a common instructional design that helps students learn more efficiently.
The Reading Mastery program contains:
- Reading, Language Arts, and Literacy strands that can be used separately or together as a comprehensive system.
- Data-driven placement for placing students at the appropriate instructional level.
- Continuous curriculum-based assessments and remedies that allow teachers to monitor student progress and correct errors as they occur.
The Reading Mastery - Reading (K): Teacher Materials include:
- Teacher’s Guide: Provides a program and component overview, time requirements, skills taught in Reading Mastery, how to implement the program and sample lessons
- Answer Key: Contains answers for workbook and textbook responses
- Curriculum-Based Assessment and Fluency Teacher Handbook: Contains all the directions, scoring, and recording information for the ongoing assessment for each level
- Literature Guide: Provides an introduction to the Literature section, story summaries and literature lessons 1-10
- Spelling Presentation Book: Provides daily spelling lessons
- Reading Presentation Books (A,B,C): The presentation books present each activity in each lesson. Planning pages appear every 20 lessons with overview of skills taught, a summary of upcoming lessons and additional reading activities
- Skills Profile Folder: Summarises the skills taught and provides space to indicate when a student has mastered each skills. One folder required per student
- Page Protector: Used on presentation books to prevent damage