The Cognitive Abilities test (CogAT) measures measure students’ verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal figural reasoning abilities and assists educators in determining instructional strategies from Prep – Year 12.
The CogAT provides:
- High reliability and validity, ensuring educators can trust the results, even for high-stakes decision-making
- An ELL-friendly test construction, providing equity and fairness
- Unique Ability Profiles that not only show how a student’s reasoning abilities compare with those of other students overall but also highlight areas of relative strength or weakness to help drive teaching and learning strategies
- The addition of more challenging items at each level, helping reduce the need for out-of-level testing.
Testing online with DataManager
- CogAT online provides a more cost and time effective testing option – no administration minimums mean you can test any number of students when you need to, with price per administration
- Online CogAT Administration can be used for any CogAT level (5/6–17/18)
- Test results and reports are available within 24 hours
- Flexible administration options – administer with audio instructions, or the assessment can be proctor-led
- Content and administration time does not differ from the pen-and-paper assessments
- An Online CogAT Screening Form is also available, providing you with the ability to offer a quick and reliable data point when screening for accelerated programs
- An Online CogAT Post-Screening Form is available for when students have completed the Online CogAT Screening Form, and you would like them to complete the full assessment (includes the six remaining subtests for online screener-to-complete CogAT).
Online testing can be completed on desktops, laptops, chromebooks and iPads (stable internet connection required). A secure browser will need to be installed on each device prior to testing.
Please note: Price is per administration. The Online CogAT Administration, Online CogAT Screening Form Administration and Online CogAT Post-Screening Form Administration are all sold separately.
School roster files need to be uploaded 5-7 business days prior to testing for bulk uploads. If you have a small number of students, you can manually upload roster data (which is active instantly).
Proctorio remote proctoring services are available for remote learning (for an additional fee).