Please note: Reading Mastery Signature Edition materials are while stocks last.
Reading Mastery Signature Edition uses the highly explicit, systematic approach of Direct Instruction (DI) to accelerate reading and help students achieve a high rate of success. Three strands address Reading, Language Arts, and Literature through a common instructional design that helps students learn more efficiently.
Flexible and comprehensive, the Reading Mastery Signature Edition greatly expands and refines instruction found in previous editions, appropriate for use as a supplemental intervention program or a comprehensive core reading program.
Grade K and 1 were designed to teach students skills needed to become accurate and fluent readers.
Grade 2 and 3 continue to emphasise accurate and fluent decoding. The primary focus of these levels is to teach students how to 'read to learn'.
Spelling is also taught explicitly to all levels (K-3), to engage begining readers in activties at the phoneme and morphemic level and reduce confusion about words that are pronounced the same.
- Reading, Language Arts, and Literacy strands that can be used separately or together as a comprehensive system
- Data-driven placement for placing students at the appropriate instructional level
- Continuous curriculum-based assessments and remedies that allow teachers to monitor student progress and correct errors as they occur.
- Addresses all five essential components of reading as identified by Reading First: phonemic awareness, phonics and word analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Provides spelling instruction to enable students to make the connection between decoding and spelling patterns
- Develops student decoding and word recognition skills that transfer to other subject areas.
Oral Language/Language Arts Strand
- Teaches the oral language skills necessary to understand what is spoken, written, and read in the classroom
- Helps students to communicate ideas and information effectively
- Develops the ability to use writing strategies and writing processes successfully.
- Supports the reading strand with a wide variety of literary forms and text structures
- Provides multiple opportunities for students to work with useful and important words
- Gives ample opportunity for each student to read at his or her independent level.