Purpose: Measure the level and nature of anxiety as experienced by children and adolescents
Age: 6-19 years
Time: 10 to 15 minutes; Short Form <5 minutes
Administration: Individual; Group
The Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scales: 2nd Ed. (RCMAS-2) can be used to evaluate children for academic stress, test anxiety, peer/family conflicts, and drug problems. It is also useful in assessing anxiety levels in the classroom or in social situations.
The test is now composed of 49 items covering the following scales:
- Physiological Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Inconsistent Responding index
The Social Anxiety scale replaces the RCMAS Social Concerns/Concentration scale, and a new cluster of 10 items assesses performance anxiety. These changes address the increased pressure that today's children feel to achieve, academically and socially. They allow teachers and school psychologists to monitor the stress that children may feel and help them cope with it.
- Simple yes/no response format
- Elementary reading level
- Content-based item clusters that help pinpoint children's problems and focus intervention
- A convenient, 10-item short form is ideal for use in screening situations or when clinical time is limited
- New items that reflect changes in the way children now experience anxiety
- Updated Focus on Performance and Social Anxiety
- Generates a Total Anxiety score plus scale scores
- Norms are presented separately for three age groups: 6 to 8 years, 9 to 14 years, and 15 to 19 years
Now Available Online!
The RCMAS-2 Online is accessed via the WPS Online Evaluation System (platform.wpspublish.com). The WPS Online Evaluation System offers convenient RCMAS-2 online administration and scoring.
Online testing allows clinicians to:
- Administer locally or remotely
- Email links to online forms directly to raters
- Check the status of an administration at any time
- Consume an online form only when you score it—never lose a print form again
- Easily see how many licenses are left so you never run out
- Score quickly and easily—no need for manual calculations
- View, save, and print reports so you can easily share valuable information with teachers, parents, and others involved in treatment
- Download and print Response Sheets when parents don’t have Internet access
- Share online uses and other resources easily with the organization feature